Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Political Compass

An interesting test that, judging by your answers, shows you where on the scale you sit, in terms of both your economic and socio-political stance. The questions I found to be rather convoluded and really confrontational at times because of their loaded nature. I found it hard also, that there was no "unsure" or middle-of-the-road button; often a place I find myself in questionaires or tests of this nature. However, it's always fun seeing where you stand (I'm not sure why...).It's also an interesting perspective on where our society is, in 2012. These questions are clearly a responce to our social issues, our present government and our capitalist structure.




 This was my scoring on the test (below)...More liberal then Ghandi! hahaha.
A friend got a similar score, only far, far, far more liberal. It makes me wonder about the political mind of the youth in Auckland, especially those who I know at both Elam and AUT. It truely differs so much. I'm even more surprised at the lack of knowledge or care for politics and economics, in our own little country, and the world in general.

Speaking of which I give it up to Amiria from Mark, artist collective at Elam School of Fine Arts for finding this test.


Take the test here

No comments:

Post a Comment