Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ranciere and Sloterdijk at the University of Warwick - PODCAST

"...debating the aesthetic both as a way of understanding the modern word and as a problematic category within the world."
3:00pm, Tuesday 20th May, 2008

I listened to the podcast here, and it was interesting - and this may seem a little strange- to hear Jacque Ranciere's voice, for the first time. After reading so much of his work, especially The Ignorant Schoolmaster, I never really thought about what his voice ACTUALLY sounded like. He kinda sounds jacked up on some sort of energy drink, in a cool, French, kind of way.

He talks kinda like Robin Williams would, doing an impression of Ranciere. But seriously.

In terms of the podcast, as much as I love Ranciere, he's pretty hard to follow sometimes. I enjoyed the introductions by Professor of French Studies, Sean Hand and Professor of Law, Ralf Rogowski as they touched on major works by both Ranciere and Sloterdijk, and did them fair justice. I have yet to listen to the whole thing but I am intrigued to listen to Sloterdijk speak as I am less familiar with his work.



No comments:

Post a Comment